Anamorphic on the Terra

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Taylor Morgan 3 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Taylor Morgan
    Participant

Just curious if anyone out there is shooting anamorphic on their cameras? I’m starting to test the SLR Magic Anamorphot with a vintage Nikkor taking lens and loving the results. It’s only 1.33x, so it’s not as glorious as true anamorphic, but I’d love to see anyone else’s footage out there has shot anamorphic on their Terra. Especially if it was with a 2x lens.
    My Anamorphic Test Shots

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

jrholman

I have not shot anamorphic with my TERRA yet. I am trying to find some glass for a more affordable price. Your shots and edit were beautiful! Keep it coming!

raafi

Great test!

I tested the Panavision Superama, which is an old 16mm projector lens from the 1960s, on my Terra in the period when I was working on my review. Ultimately I didn’t use any of the footage because I only grabbed a few shots with it. It was just a bit fiddly to set up and I was on a client job, so learning anamorphic and shooting bang-bang documentation-style footage wasn’t the right combination. I’d like to give it another test now that I’m not under that pressure. I did recently also shoot 4×3 on the Terra for a shoot, but with spherical lenses, ha, so no dice on that one either.

1+

Users who have liked this topic:

Craig
    Participant

Nice one! Love the feel and the natural looking grade.
    I’ve got a Kowa-16H that I’m hoping to shoot on the Terra 4k once my camera arrives.
    Still on the lookout for a decent minimal baseplate with rails for it though.
    Most of the ones I’ve seen are fairly bulky and rise the camera a fair way above the rails.
    If anyone knows of any that are fairly slim I’d love to see it.
    I’ll post some stuff when I have everything together.

bitnaut
    Participant

Does a Red Raven have a similar bottom layout to the Terra/Mavo? If so, this might work. https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-red-raven-baseplate-1756.html

raafi

@Craig – I’m pretty sure most riser plates raise the camera to a specific height above the rails. That way matte boxes can fit different cameras/brands. Here’s an illustration of the three standards in use: https://www.genustech.tv/blogs/news/16735960-camera-rod-standards-explained-and-illustrated

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  raafi.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  raafi.

Taylor Morgan
    Participant

Craig – thanks!

I use the Sachtler Ace Base Plate. It’s not as low profile as that Raven base plate, but it’s fairly small and well built and the rail height is good, also expandable for larger lenses. – https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1045167-REG/sachtler_s2154_0001_ace_base_plate.html?ap=y&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItLT-k-Sm3AIVC2p-Ch2LoAQrEAQYASABEgKA4_D_BwE&smp=y

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar