CinemaDNG on Mac

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raafi 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

raafi

Is anyone else having trouble using CinemaDNG? The only software I can find that can ingest them is Resolve, and it won’t let you export at full resolution unless you purchase the Studio version. All I want to do is convert my cDNG’s to ProRes. Anybody know of a reliable software for this? The first few options on google don’t work with my footage.

George Nathanson
    Participant

Raffi, shouldn’t PP be able to import them? After all it is an Adobe technology.  If your having PP or AE problems with the files, I’m guessing the software is not recognizing some of the metadata in the files (like camera model).

George

raafi

Hi @George – for whatever reason Premiere can’t import them. Must be the metadata or something. One of the third party softwares that I used pulled in the file but it was striped in different colors almost like it had a transition effect over the image. I may have to take it to a friend’s Resolve machine.

Gualbert

Hi Raafi, no idea what version of Resolve you may have but I’m able to upload my cDNG clips, CC them, and export in ProRes422HQ when mov is selected… I haven’t touched my iMac for months but I’ll try again when I get a chance… Do you know what options you are selecting during export?

raafi

Hi @gualbert I can open them in resolve but since I don’t have the Studio version I can’t export them in full resolution. Looking for an app that can. Or maybe I’ll just buy the full version of Resolve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.