Compatible SSDs for MAVO 6K…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gualbert 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Dave Draper
    Participant

It’s been confirmed that the Samsung 860 Pro SSDs work with the TERRA 4K, but will they work with the MAVO 6K?

Gualbert

I see why not. Also, the SanDisk ExtremePRO series should work fine as well. Cheers!

-Gualbert

Dave Draper
    Participant

Apparently the Samsung 860 Pro SSDs are too thin for the MAVO 6K, and would require some sort of spacer to properly fit into the camera.

Gualbert

Dave, where did you hear that? MAVO has exactly the same form factor as the TERRA and Samsung 860 Pro fits perfectly… Let us know if the original commenter can provide more info as this would be something Kine would have to address… The old KineMAX had the need for spacer but that was because it used a thicker SSD… Please advise, cheers!

Edit: Just confirmed from the specs in their website, MAVO utilises 7mm SSD just same as Terra, so Samsung 860 Pro and SanDisk Extreme PRO should fit both cameras equally. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Gualbert.

Dave Draper
    Participant

Gualbert; a couple of our guys went to check out the MAVO 6K, with their Samsung 860 Pro SSDs, and confirmed that not only is there a discrepancy in size between the KineMAG and Samsung 860 Pro — the KineMAG is thicker — but the 860 Pro actually gets stuck inside the MAVO, and requires a credit card inserted into the SSD slot to remove it. Far from ideal. I believe Kinefinity are being informed about this.

So yes, it sounds like if you want to use third party 7mm SSDs with the MAVO 6K, you will need a spacer for it, like with the KineMAX. Perhaps this is something Kinefinity can / will provide?

Gualbert

I’m really surprised as I am looking at both my KineMAG and my Samsung 860 Pro right now and they are exactly the same size (7mm), and both fit without incident in the T4K. I’ll send a note to the KineTeam with an inquiry. Not a fan of starting a forum fire unless it is a confirmed issue. Will keep you posted. Cheers!

-G

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.