Compatible SSD's for Mavo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Filipe 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Lennart Mavo
    Participant

Hey Guys,

has anybody had any experience with 3rd party SSD’s. I’m thinking about getting a couple of Samsung 860 SSD’s and I can’t seem to find anybody who tried to use the EVO Line of SSD’s and there is one Topic considering the 860 Pro, but they aren’t even sure if they fit in the Mavo. Which I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Any ideas?

raafi

I’ve been using the Samsung 840 Evos on both Terra4k and now Mavo LF with no problems, so you should be good with the 860s. I have a couple KineMag +, too. Haven’t noticed a performance difference, but I wouldn’t be surprised if high-frame rate stuff is where you see that.

Lennart Mavo
    Participant

Nice! Thanks a lot. I actually got my Samsung SSDs stuck a bit, because of the dustlid thingy, but a little Gaffer tape on the SSD fixes the problem(Y)

Filipe
    Participant

I’m using the Samsung evo and pro versions of the 860 and filming 100fps on 4k wide and haven’t had any problem. Haven’t tried any CDNG so I can’t say how that works, will be testing that soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.