Feature Request List for next firmware/kinestation
February 11, 2017 at 4:50 pm #829
Hello, I would like to submit here a list a new features to implement in next firmware for Terra, we are not speaking about bugs (we could open a new thread about them because there are few). Here are my requests for the next version of Kinestation:
- Implement log curves when exporting cinemaDNG 6K or other formats, just like Golden 3K
- It needs also to tag correctly DNG headers with EI/ISO values, to work properly in Resolve, which is asked since 2015 by users !
- We should be able to export High Speed mode footage in CinemaDNG with sensor frame rate, not project frame rate, because we can”t ramp down in NLE to slowmo
- When using video output (SDI, HDMI), please let us decide if we want to see UI interface elements on external control monitor
- When we make a custom white balance with grey card, to read what value in °K is chosen by camera, instead of reading “1User” value, unnecessary
- To be able to delete the current clip when playback, it was possible (i succeed once) before and i can’t anymore with 5.1
- To be able to change color picking color
- Terra should records guides settings (rule of thirds, etc) in presets and keep in memory last current settings before to shut down the camera
- It would be great to propose an automatic fan regulator (“auto” position) to ovoid overheated to camera. I know there is a security to shut it down if to hot, but if we forget to monitor temperature and camera fall in security stop during recording, it may be a problem. When we do not record sound near camera, we don’t care if we hear fan and instead of living 100% value to be sure (and consume battery), an automatic mode could be a nice solution, not to care about temperature
- It would be amazing if Terra could record ProRes 444 (or better ProRes 444XQ), instead only 422HQ
- It would be also amazing if Terra could record internally CinemaDNG like Kinemax. KRW is lighter but workflow is a problem, so when we have place enough on SSD/external server to backup, let us choose please !
Here are my wishes, i hope some will complete and i will also if new ideas are coming. RegardsFebruary 14, 2017 at 12:01 pm #1257
A new feature which could be usefull and easy to implement, when using video output (SDI, HDMI), please let us decide if we want to see UI interface elements on external control monitor.
Regards,February 14, 2017 at 4:38 pm #1258
I agree on the external monitoring options. I think having the option for a full resolution stream to the external ports will help with things like proxies. That way you can record RAW internally and to ProRes on an Atomos or Convergent recorder externally.January 8, 2018 at 5:26 pm #1262
RE: overheat shutdown in Oliver D’s post from Feb 11, 2017
You refer to a part of the system, “I know there is a security to shut it down if too hot…” Do you know if information is available anywhere about this? My camera was accidentally left on in a case for 20 minutes, got hot, and did not shut down. Now it will not boot. It goes into a mode that is like “sleep” mode and won’t go any further. The Kinefinity logo floats around on the screen. You cannot turn it off either unless you take out the battery. I have emailed support but have not heard back yet. Thanks.January 8, 2018 at 5:47 pm #1263
I’m sorry not to be able to help you, i guess only support could do something.
Regards,April 14, 2018 at 6:57 am #1259
…a nice addition to the T4K would be the ProRes RAW (Standard not the HQ version, there are 2) that was recently announced by Apple. It has similar data rates as ProRes422HQ so seems like a reasonable application. Thoughts?April 17, 2018 at 8:02 pm #1260
in one of the videos from NAB 2018 I think Jihua says they are going to apply for the license for ProRes Raw – he mentions it in connection with the Mavo, not the Terra series, unfortunatelyApril 19, 2018 at 6:16 am #1261
Pretty sad if that ends up being the case… hope this is not a sign Kine is leaning towards alienating the T4K in favour of their newly announced MAVO, the T4K is not even a 5 months old product… Let’s see what they decide to do, also, a good litmus test will be the next firmware release which I’m hearing good stuff about! Cheers! 😎April 19, 2018 at 9:43 pm #1264
Since Kinefinity says the processing power on the MAVO is double that of the Terra, it could be that only the MAVO can do the computation required for ProResRaw at all frame rates.April 19, 2018 at 9:47 pm #1265
interesting theory. the Mavo needs a ton more processing because 6k is twice as much data. and also Anamorphic is even more than 16×9April 20, 2018 at 6:44 am #1266
I think I understand what you are saying but I still think the T4K should be able to manage whatever framerates are currently possible with KRW. Even if I’m limited to 24 fps in ProRes RAW I would still consider it an asset if that means avoiding the “transcode step” needed with KineRAW. I agree, it won’t be able to do the high frame rates as even those are not doable in KRW for T4K. Oh well… In such case they don’t introduce the standard ProResRAW to T4K then we should keep influencing the major NLE makers to adopt KineRAW. I’m not thrilled with the idea of having to transcode footage so I can edit it, the extra step is simply not attractive. Cheers!May 3, 2018 at 12:42 pm #1830
First week of May guys… countdown for the much awaited new KineOS ! ! !May 3, 2018 at 1:23 pm #1831
CDNG for Terra 4k, yes.
next firmware will have this. 3:!, 5:! and 7:1May 4, 2018 at 3:50 am #1833
How did you find out about thisCDNG news? Also, do you know when the new firmware might come out? Cheers!
May 8, 2018 at 1:28 pm #1843
- This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Gualbert.
Looks like the cDNG 1/5 takes 75MB per sec of footage… Anyone with the firmware can confirm?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.