Kinefinity E mount and 3rd party adapters…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  j_szczygiel 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bitnaut
    Participant

In the product description page of the Kinefinity E mount adapter, they state that 3rd party adapters may not work.

Does this mean I can’t put a Metabones adapter onto the Kinefinity E mount adapter to use my PL and Nikon lenses?

raafi

Not sure – I know that the E mount is for manual lenses only. If a manual Nikon or PL mount manual lens already works on your metabones on a Sony camera I’d assume that it works on Kinefinity, but haven’t tried it myself. Anyone else tried this? I met a Terra 6k owner who had the E mount and an E mount electronic ND – EF adapter and that worked for him.

bitnaut
    Participant

Cool because I have Nikon and PL mount manual lenses and Metabones Speedbooster PL to E and Nikon to E so I figured I could just get my MAVO with the E to Kinemount adapter and I should be all good.

I’m just wary of their 3rd party adapter warning but I could see how that would only apply to ones with electronic contacts.

bitnaut
    Participant

Re-reading Kinefinity’s warning leads me to believe that maybe Metabones E mount adapters may not work with their E mount adapter.

Here’s their warning: “Notice: The third-party adapter may not work on SONY E mounting adapter to turn E mount to EF or PL mount; some modified E lenses also may not be used on the E mounting adapter of TERRA.”

j_szczygiel
    Participant

It can be more possible with adapters for Nikon as they usually have an aperture control ring. Adapters with Canon EF mount need electronics to control aperture settings – maybe that’s the hassle as the E-mount adapter probably doesn’t offer this feature (they wrote it doesn’t work with G-master lenses). Has anybody tried?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar