LUTS for Kinefinity

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  toivoc 6 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Filipe
    Participant

Hi guys,

Could someone upload all available Kinefinity LUTs? I only have KC Neutral but I’ve seen people using other Kinefinity Luts and I was wondering where I could find them. Would anyone be able to help?

On another note, when loading a lut to the camera, do I have to power it off, then put the USB? Or can I put the USB straight on the camera while it’s on?

Thanks!

raafi

Hi @Felipe – You do have to power off the camera and put in the USB to load them. Here’s a dropbox folder with every LUT I’ve used so far

KC_NEUTM is the most current one, and installed on the Mavo series

KC_NEUT4K is for the Terra 4k and is the most current Terra 4k LUT.

KC_NEUTRAL was on my Terra in the older version of KineOS

KineREALColor is a third-party LUT developed by Nico Schrenk for the KineMini, I believe.

and CLIPMON_LUT is for monitoring only and was developed by @gualbert on this forum.

Hope this helps!

Filipe
    Participant

This does help! Thank you, I loaded them all yesterday to compare. I will hopefully  do some tests on Monday on the Terra 4K since the new update has changed the minimum ISO for the Highlight sensitivity. From initial tests it seems to be that there is a big jump in highlight retention from 4.6 to 5.0 and almost no noticeable noise increase. From 4.6 to the maxiumum (5+) there is more noise, but it’s quite ok, so hopefully I’ll figure out more when I actually film everything in  stable environment.

Gualbert

Hi Filipe,

There are several LUTs online but be careful as some are just for “monitoring” meaning they help getting a “more” accurate level on the waveform, not intended for colour correct your work. So far I have found useful when I modify some neutral LUT by de-saturating and adjusting the luma yields using greycards. Call me lazy but sometimes I don’t enjoy much time to adjust ASA/Iris while running & gunning. By the way, do you post your work online/YouTube etc? Would love to see what other KineBros are working on! Cheers!

toivoc
    Participant

I know that some of the chat has been just based on the Kinefinity LUTS. For users interested in others and how they may work with the cameras I wanted to add some of my own personal favorites.

These LUTS worked well with the Kinemini and are starting to look great with the MAVO:

ARRI rec709

F-8130

F-8180

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG93rimSCcZ/?hl=en

Osiris KDX

https://www.instagram.com/p/7uJ4aQKLD9/

Osiris JUGO

https://www.instagram.com/p/6Mpf1kKLCp/

The Koji LUTS are pretty great as well.

Over the years Ive been trying to get the Kodak Vision 3 to work well with the Kinemini. I really struggled with that one.

Im hoping that moving forward with the MAVO it will work.

Anyways if anyone is interested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.