Mavo – Which mount / adapter for Leica R

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gianfranco Gaioni 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Gianfranco Gaioni
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody has a solution or an idea to mount Leica R lenses on the Mavo S35.

Thansk a lot in advance!

Gualbert

Hi Gianfranco! Raafi is the King of Leica-R lenses so please wait for his final advice. In the meantime you can look and research the following if you own a Mavo S35:

1- KineEnhancer EF mount

2- https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/995128-REG/fotodiox_lr_eos_p_pro_canon_eos_camera.html

That said, please make sure as some Leica-R have protruding tabs in the rear element that could interfere with adapters. So I highly recommend to double check for compatibility. Cheers!

Gianfranco Gaioni
    Participant

Hi Gualbert, Thanks a lot for your reply!

This seems like a good combo. I’ll let you know how it goes.

raafi

Hi Gianfranco – I had a set of Leica-R lenses and got them adapted to EF mount. Initially I started with the Fotodiox adapters, which are pretty cheap, but after awhile I ordered the ones from Leitax, which are more expensive but much better. The Leitax mounts are hard mounts meaning you take off the original Leica mount and install these instead. Since they’re hard mounted to the lens they don’t have play the way that traditional adapters do. It’s probably best to have them installed by a lens service professional, although Leitax has instructions on how to do it on their website. Good luck! – R

Gianfranco Gaioni
    Participant

Hi Raafi,

Thank you for the detailed info! The adapter + shipping is going to be around 100$, I will first try a cheaper solution and see if the play of the lens is too much. Maybe I’ll try to modify the standard Fotodiox to fix it to the lens, in the same way it’s done with the Leitax adapter… but I’ll need to find the longer screws.

Keep up the good work and thanks again for your help.

I really like this community and I hope I would be able to give back soon.

Gianfranco Gaioni
    Participant

Hi Raafi,

I received the Fotodiox Leica R to Canon EOS and tested it yesterday.
    It has a solid construction and there is no play at all between the adapter and the lens.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.