Mavo!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bitnaut 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

bitnaut
    Participant

I’ve placed my preorder. Anyone else?

raafi

I placed a pre-order as well. Not the full one, but the baby-priced, ha

bitnaut
    Participant

Sweet! I liked your TERRA 4k review Raffi!

Did you watch the NewsShooter NAB 2018 interview with Jihua at Kinefinity booth? In it he drops a hint that Chinese customers will get the MAVO first! 😯

raafi

Thanks for watching!

I did watch the Newsshooter interview. It’s not surprising that Chinese customers get the new cameras first. I think that since they don’t have distribution in the U.S. yet it’s easier to release a limited number of cameras locally and iron out the major bugs before shipping worldwide. Though it’s sad that everyone doesn’t get access immediately it probably benefits the community as a whole to operate that way for now.

Gualbert

…if I were a rich man… yada da lah lah lalalalaaaah… Guess my T4K will have to do for now… But looking forward to watching you guys’ work on the new MAVO and MAVO LF!!! 😉

bitnaut
    Participant

I hear that Mavo’s have started shipping! Can’t wait!

raafi

Really want to do an extended test of it. I had a chance to test it briefly during NAB and it had a great feel and polish:

bitnaut
    Participant

I have a feeling they want to get that side lcd working before shipping production MAVO’s.

raafi

Yeah, exactly. They had a side LCD on the KineMax years ago and all it showed was the logo. The concept art for the Mavo shows the LCD with a nice readout of useful info. fingers crossed. Mavo concept art

bitnaut
    Participant

I was wrong…apparently the manufacturing holdup was a part for the new Kineback-W. They’ve now been re-supplied and building Mavo’s and Terra’s!

raafi

That’s great news. Did they tell you that in an email?

bitnaut
    Participant

No, Carl from ProAV in the UK (Kinefinity’s official supplier there) mentioned this in a comment on the Facebook group. See here.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  bitnaut.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.