Motion Control options?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Corie 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

raafi

I’ve been investigating renting a motion control setup for an upcoming shoot but was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them – the options I’m seeing online are from Edelkrone, Kessler, and Rhino. My goal is to be able to do some repeat camera moves to help with compositing and a couple effects. Are there any that you guys recommend?

Corie
    Participant

I used to own an edelkrone slider with the intention of adding the motion control kit but was never very confident in the sliders stability. The compact extending design is clever but feels a bit wobbly.

The motion control components seemed bitsy and over complicated.

The Kessler looked really good. but far bulkier and way more than i was looking to spend

I ended up buying a Rhino slider with motion and a pan motor. It’s awesome.

Really simple and well though out. Having a battery built into the controller and not having to fuss with multiple Lp-E6 batteries etc makes things super tidy and quick to setup.

raafi

Thanks for the advice – I haven’t heard as much about Rhino since it was announced. Glad to know it works well.

Corie
    Participant

All good. I asked the same question of Philip Bloom when i was investigating my options as i’d seen that he’d reviewed both the Kessler and Rhino. He made a very compelling argument for the Rhino. Glad i took his advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.