Question about Kinefinity Cameras

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raafi 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Kévin Gourvellec
    Participant

Hello,
    Few questions about Kinefinity Cameras :
    – Can we arranged the back focus of the cameras like with the Red and Arri cameras?
    – Can we expected Prores RAW internal recording?
    – Can we expected Gold Mount for the Battery (standard in North America) ?
    – Can we expect a more clear menu for the next firmware?

I’m camera assistant and very curious about this new line of cameras.
    It could be a super option for indie project.

Thank you,
    Kévin

Gualbert

Hi Kévin! Thanks for your participation.

– Can we arranged the back focus of the cameras like with the Red and Arri cameras?

No sure if you can adjust the flange focus (that I’m aware of…) but they sell this tool in the Chinese side of their website that might suggest the KineMount might have that capability.

http://www.kinefinity.com/shop/denz_fdc/

Probably better to send them a quick note and see if this is possible.

– Can we expected Prores RAW internal recording?

I heard they were planning to have talks with Apple on that subject but that was months ago and haven’t heard an update. In fact heard they mentioned that the Mavo series has the processing power to handle that codec. Another good question for their KineTeam 😉

– Can we expected Gold Mount for the Battery (standard in North America) ?

There are several 3rd party solutions that change from V-Mount to Gold Mount, here is one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983059-REG/anton_bauer_qrc_4k_s_battery_mounting_plate.html

– Can we expect a more clear menu for the next firmware?

Define “more clear”… One man’s clear menu is another man’s messy menu… This is a very subjective topic as I personally find Sony menus to be a total royal mess but have friends that love them. To be fair, KineMenus have come a long way, I’m not saying it’s perfect but I find it pretty good and once you learn where the stuff is located (like with everything in life). But back to your original question, it has been my experience for the past 1 1/2 years using their products they are constantly improving things (including the menus) and in some cases implementing suggestions from their users.

Cheers and I will also try to send a separate note to the KineTeam with your first 2 question as I am curious myself. Take care!

Kévin Gourvellec
    Participant

Hello Gualbert,

Denz is a tool for a check. It was an used tool when the first RED came out to check the flange of the camera.

It’s a check tool and do not affect or corrected a problem of flange.
    With the Arri system you have to add or take off shims.
    Red you have to play with a screw for move and adjust the flange.

I don’t know if Kinefinity think about an option.

Thank you for your answer.

Kévin

raafi

Hi Kévin, I reached out to Kinefinity about shimming – you can order shims that match the lens mount you choose. For instance, you can request PL mount shims for that mount, and install them. I have yet to do this but they are sending me a shin for my PL mount now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.