Question for issues with lenses (Sigma 18-35)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Jordan Hudecz
    Participant

Hey everyone! I’m a Terra 4K owner from the states for over a year now and I am absolutely in love with the camera! My only issue with it has been during a production on a short film where my Sigma 18-35 lens — which I have owned for many, many years — no longer can digitally connect to cameras nor can I control the aperture on it with the Terra anymore. It’s as though the connectors have burned out on it, as it now stuck on the last aperture I used (1.7) during that film. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with putting these types of lenses on the Terra or maybe it was just my Sigma lens that died on me, as I am weary to buy another if this problem could happen again.

I’ve considered either buying a used one online or sending it in to Sigma for potential repair, but I am not sure how much fixing an issue like this could be. Would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks!

San Bhugaloo
    Participant

Hi Jordan,

I have had similar issues with my Canon lenses. 24-70 2.8 L series. And on my last shoot I even had it with a Sony 70-200. G Master. So, which means that it does not matter whether it is with the kine enhancer or not. I am also trying yo find an answer to this question. I have not yet done the firmware update and I’m guessing this could be the issue.  But  yes,  if there’s anyone here who could throw some light on this, it would be great.

Sorry I don’t have the answer. I’m also enjoying my Terra very very much. My go to lens, which works amazing with the Terra, is the Cine Fujinon 18-55

raafi

It must be a problem with the Terra or firmware if it’s burning out more than one brand of lenses. I’ve heard people mention this before on the Facebook forum and thought it was just me when my Canon L 24-40 stopped being able to adjust aperture. In my case I don’t think it’s completely cooked because sometimes the aperture will randomly work again, but it’s clearly balky. Maybe contacting Kinefinity directly to see if there’s a fix or if the new firmware (6.4) addresses this. I haven’t installed 6.4 yet so hoping it can be fixed. Will report back if it does.

Leon Barnard
    Participant

I’m really interested in the answer to this question. I’ve had issues with intermittent iris control on Canon lenses before. I had two copies of the same lens (Canon 24-105 f4.0L IS) that works perfectly on other cameras. One lens worked fine on my Terra4k and the other only worked 1 times out of 10.

I’m really interested in purchasing the 18-35 and want to know if it’s going to blow up! Has Sigma or Kinefinity (through firmware or hardware updates) done anything to stop this from happening in the future?

Thanks so much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.