Terra Feature Requests/Wishlist

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raafi 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Taylor Morgan
    Participant

Does anybody know if Kinefinity has a way to submit requests for adding features?

A few things I would love them to add in future firmware:
    (I know not all of these are possible, but that’s why it’s a wishlist)
    – Ability to customize buttons for: Shutter Speed, ISO, WB, Preview LUT, Frame Rate, Frame Size, etc
    – Auto Level for external microphones
    – Auto Fan Speed to compensate for changing environment tempatures
    – Project Frame Rate options that match all available shutter speed options (so 72p or 100p or 240p, etc, are not overcranked and audio is attached to the video file)
    – Monitor Flip option, so monitor can be mounted upside down, but viewed correctly.
    – Audio Playback during video playback without headphones (I don’t know if there is actually a speaker inside or not – what makes the beep sound?)

I could certainly live without any of these because the Terra is already a phenomenal camera, but a guy can dream, can’t he??

I’d love to hear what other people would like to see added also!

raafi

My main issue with the current firmware is that the waveform stretches the width of the image covers part of the frame. In version 5 of KineOS the waveform was in the bottom corner and you could tell if you were overexposed in a glance. Now you have to look left and right across the entire frame to judge exposure. I hope the bring back a smaller waveform option.

As for the monitor flip, you can change this by going to SYNC > Mirror – and you can adjust whether it’s flipped or flipped and flopped.

For the beeping, I think you can turn this on and off also in the SYNC menu. I initially turned it off, but I turned it back on because it gives a nice sync point for PluralEyes or the auto sync in Premiere or FCPX.

I like your ideas about fans speed and customizing the buttons.

NovaVisuals
    Participant

Even though I´m still waiting for my Terra 4K to arrive, I´d love to see some sort of pre-recording option. That would be extremely helpful while filming things like events, sports or maybe even lightnings…

Taylor Morgan
    Participant

I agree, I liked the old histogram so much more!

As for the monitor flip, when I go to SYNC, my only options are “Tally Lamp”, “Beeper” and “Recording Beep”; there is no Mirror option in mine. Do you have special firmware, Raafi?? I even tried starting it up in calibration mode to see if it was for some reason in need of being activated. No such luck.

I use the record beep, but I was wondering if there is perhaps a small speaker inside to make that noise, that could also be used to playback audio during video playback.

raafi

Hey Taylor, I think I’m on KineOS build 6.12 – is that the one you’re on? Not a special build as far as I know. Strange.

Taylor Morgan
    Participant

I’m on build 6.0 (11). I scoured their website and that’s all I can find. Weird indeed.

raafi

@taylor just rechecked I’m on 60.11, too. And I have the features mentioned above. Are you using a KineMon?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  raafi.

Taylor Morgan
    Participant

So strange. I’m using the KineMon, but I think it’s the updated version. Maybe they just haven’t enabled it yet for the new monitors?

raafi

Welp, I’ve studied our two images like an FBI profiler and the only difference I can spot is that my build has HB at the and and yours is just H – 6.011HB vs. 6.011H. That’s an awful lot of features to had on less-than a dot release but maybe that’s as good of an explanation as the monitor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.