The elusive TERRA 6K?…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raafi 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Dave Draper
    Participant

At this point, I should probably apologise for all the threads I’m posting in such short succession!

With that said; what’s the deal with the TERRA 6K? Does it exist? We’ve all seen photos of it. Has it, in fact, become MAVO? It’s still on Kinefinity’s website as a separate lineup. I’ve heard so many conflicting reports…

raafi

All good re: posting so many threads. It’s good to have some activity here!

The Terra 6k was cancelled in favor of the Mavo 6k. The T6k has a great image but suffers from a pretty dramatic rolling shutter ~29ms. The Mavo rolling shutter is supposed to be better by roughly half. Not sure if you’ve seen my T4k review but there’s a scene when I’m describing the light weight and am up on a rooftop with two other guys. Both of them are Terra 6K owners (you can see their cameras in the video, too) so there are a few of them out there in the wild. Right now the Terra 4K is the only one left from the Terra line and the Mavos are the new black.

This graphic was in a Chinese-only video that Kinefinity ran to launch the Mavo line, and frame-grabbed on Cinema5D.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.