Sync Audio Files FIX?

A place to discuss your Kinefinity workflow.
Wizard

Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been having issues where I would record audio using a shot gun mic, while recording video, with the CinemaDNG codec, and when I try to sync the video to the audio in after effects, they don't line up properly.

The FPS I used was 23.976, but when the video files go into after effects, they default to 30FPS, so I had to interpret the video files back as 23.976. The audios line up close, but they are still off by a little.

Anyone know why this might be? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

aspirepro

Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Which firmware are you using?
The out of sync issue is an older problem that seemed to have been fixed with a firmware update months ago...

Regarding your project FPS problem... make sure that you set "project FPS" in the menu to 23.976, which will set any frame rate to play back in your NLE as the project FPS(in this case 23.976)

Hope this helped

Wizard

Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi Aspirepro,

Thanks for getting back. When these files were recorded, I was using the KineOS version that came right before KineOS version 4.0 ( can't remember the version number). After I updated to version 4.0, I haven't got a chance to test it as yet.

I will try what you suggested and post an update when I do.

Thanks for the help!

Wes

Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi Wizard,

I was having the same problem as you. When I upgraded the firmware to 4.0, my audio issues vanished.

Good luck,

W

• Information