Optimum Workflow in Terra?

A place to discuss your Kinefinity workflow.
jmurphydale

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:05 am

Hey everyone,

Going to buy the terra and trying to find the Raw workflow for terra. Since it doesnt record proxies what is the best way to go about this? I currently use resolve and obviously want the best image possible.. but I hate DNG. Would the workflow be to just convert to cineform raw? Then download the plugin for resolve so that resolve fully reads cineform? I have also considered exporting proxies and then just learning scratch. Then I would edit in premiere and send to scratch for finish. However this is tricky as my clients always change things last minute.

Am I getting optimum quality from the KRW file with Cineform Raw?

Thanks so much!!

Jonathan

raafi
Site Admin

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 am

One way to work with Raw is to convert your .krw to CinemaDNG with KineStation, then edit/color in DaVinci.

Another way (though I haven't tested it yet - still waiting on my Terra) is to get an external recorder like the BlackMagic Video Assist and record a proxy on that in HD, while recording the raw in-body to SSDs. Not sure if that will work, or if there's a way to trigger the external recorder properly.

jmurphydale

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:13 am

Thanks for the reply! How does cineform raw compare to dng? DNG is pretty brutal to both store and edit with. Also has anyone worked with scratch? How is the round tripping with other NLE's? Also how long to transcodes take in kinestation?

Thanks!

• Information