Camera Raw Settings in Resolve

A place to discuss tips & tricks when grading Kinefinity footage.
sicterricter

Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:56 am

Just wondering what Camera Raw settings people are using in either the Camera Raw tab on the UI or the project settings to get the best log image to start from. Thanks a lot.

NeveN

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi,

I've noticed the camera behaves diferently in post depending on the settings chosen while shooting (duhh....) :)
But it's quite heavy diference, meaning, if I shoot ISO mode, the Resolve seems to recognise the monitoring LUT and picture looks the same as I saw it on the monitor while shooting. So that is a nice starting point if I shoot, let's say KineKolor.
However, shooting in EI mode seems to bypass the monitoring LUT back in Resove, and shows the linear data coming from the sensor (I guess)
So to work around that I apply some LinearToSomething (usualy LinearToSRGB). I put it in the project settings in the "input3DLUT", so I don't mess up somewhere down the line. I tryed also on the clips alone, or the whole timeline, and it works the same.
I hope I'm not doing something wrong here, and if anybody has any other method, please share your method.

Thanks!

• Information