http://www.kinefinity.com/firmware_terr ... 1/?lang=en
Kinefinity™ TERRAKineOS5.1 only applies to TERRA 6K. The update covers optimization on in-camera debayer algorithm, improving image quality of ProRes; Improvement on monitoring video path; Support NTFS file system on SSD; Support new KineBAT-120W; Fix some bugs and improve stability.
1. Optimization on in-camera debayer algorithm
TERRA has ability to record ProRes at all resolution and frame rate. In-camera debayer algorithm plays a critical role on final image quality because ProRes is non-RAW codec.
- The new in-camera debayer algorithm is optimized to get richer details of image, then get sharper look, especially for shadow.
2. Improvement on monitoring
- Monitoring image gets better off due to new debayer algorithm too.
- New in-camear debayer algorithm also provides better monitoring, more details and sharper image;
3. Support NTFS file system of SSD
- More gradation, much less banding on monitoring images due to adding more bits on monitoring path.
- TERRA provides NTFS file system of SSD. NTFS is more friendly for Windows platforms;
- For MAC users, HFS can be chosen as before;
- Strongly recommend to format SSD in-camera before using it. The file system of SSD when formatting is dependent on the choice of configuration. (Configuration–>system–>file system: NTFS or HFS)
- Support KineMOUNT II (active), PL mounting adapter II(active), EF mounting adapter II(active). New adapters provides better stability both mechanically and electronically;
- Support new KineBAT-120W, and indicates capacity of new battery;
- Fix KineAudio minoring issue;
- Fix issue of switching ProRes and KineRAW;
- Fix other bugs and improve stability.