Feature Request List for next firmware/kinestation

Olivier D.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Hello,

I would like to submit here a list a new features to implement in next firmware for Terra, we are not speaking about bugs (we could open a new thread about them because there are few).

Kinestation needs a reel evolution, here are my wishes for next kinestation :
  • Implement log curves when exporting cinemaDNG 6K or other formats, just like Golden 3K
  • It needs also to tag correctly DNG headers with EI/ISO values, to work properly in Resolve, which is asked since 2015 by users !
  • We should be able to export High Speed mode footage in CinemaDNG with sensor frame rate, not project frame rate, because we can"t ramp down in NLE to slowmo
Here are my wishes for next firmware :
  • When using video output (SDI, HDMI), please let us decide if we want to see UI interface elements on external control monitor NEW
  • When we make a custom white balance with grey card, to read what value in °K is chosen by camera, instead of reading "1User" value, unnecessary
  • To be able to delete the current clip when playback, it was possible (i succeed once) before and i can't anymore with 5.1
  • To be able to change color picking color
  • Terra should records guides settings (rule of thirds, etc) in presets and keep in memory last current settings before to shut down the camera
  • It would be great to propose an automatic fan regulator ("auto" position) to ovoid overheated to camera. I know there is a security to shut it down if to hot, but if we forget to monitor temperature and camera fall in security stop during recording, it may be a problem. When we do not record sound near camera, we don't care if we hear fan and instead of living 100% value to be sure (and consume battery), an automatic mode could be a nice solution, not to care about temperature
  • It would be amazing if Terra could record ProRes 444 (or better ProRes 444XQ), instead only 422HQ
  • It would be also amazing if Terra could record internally CinemaDNG like Kinemax. KRW is lighter but workflow is a problem, so when we have place enough on SSD/external server to backup, let us choose please !
Here are my wishes, i hope some will complete and i will also if new ideas are coming.

Regards
Last edited by Olivier D. on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olivier D.

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Hello,

A new feature which could be usefull and easy to implement, when using video output (SDI, HDMI), please let us decide if we want to see UI interface elements on external control monitor.

Regards,

raafi
Site Admin

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 pm

I agree on the external monitoring options. I think having the option for a full resolution stream to the external ports will help with things like proxies. That way you can record RAW internally and to ProRes on an Atomos or Convergent recorder externally.

• Information