KineOS / KineStation: Feature Requests/Suggestions

SaxRix
Site Admin

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:52 pm

This is for software based feature requests on Kinefinity's KineOS & Kinestation.

Leave a comment below with any suggestions you have for future updates to the Kinefinity firmware & Kinestation. If you like someone elses suggestion you can now click the 'Like' button on their post (top right, next to 'quote' etc). This will be used as a voting system on this topic. The more likes the request has, the more important it will be deemed.

After we have racked up enough suggestions & votes for suggestions I will email Kinefinity the 'results' so they know what we (the users) are after. This might not amount to anything, but its worth a shot!

So, what are you waiting for? Get suggesting :D

NOTE: please be realistic in your suggestions. We aren't going to see 240fps or 6k or more dynamic range etc.

Jonathangnicol

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Improved internal image re-sizing, everything other than 4K has issues with aliasing.

Also, improved KineRAW compression.

George A.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:44 pm

I would love it if we zoom out in playback mode so that we can see multiple clips at a time. Also better playback options for viewing recorded clips would be awesome the ability to skip back and forth 5sek. and 10sek at a time.
Kinemini 4K, Canon 5D4, Canon C100MKII

George A.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:48 pm

A better menu structure would be appreciated. There is so much screen real estate lost and we have to drill in to menus to view our setting. A Canon / Sony like tab menu would give you the possibility to view stuff quicker. Also a custom menu would be very nice. Just copy what MagicLantern guys have done and you are splendid.

George A.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Please support more EF lenses, add image stabilisation support and make the iris changes immediate. Right now when you change the iris it is always first release (wide) and then set to the user selected. The reason for this is that the guys are probably using the Canon DOF preview button signal, there should be a better way to implement that.

imagetemps

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:13 am

Hi

I would love to be able to save complete "user presets" including "slate infos" on an external USB Key.

All the best

Erwan

harrisoncj

Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:36 am

KineAdmin wrote:NOTE: please be realistic in your suggestions. We aren't going to see 240fps or 6k or more dynamic range etc.
What about 3k with 13 stops DR? Would definitely like to see that.

Jonathangnicol

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:50 pm

Another request would be to have improved rolling shutter, I know this is down to the sensor, but he high frame rate mode is pretty good, but the re-sizing makes the footage almost unusable, the rolling shutter at 4k makes the footage often times difficult to use, without some major work in post...

Boy Martin

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:09 pm

I have two major things that I would like to be improved:
- booting time
- hot swapping lenses

If they can't improve boot time due to hardware limitations I would like to see a sleep mode or something similar so that you can turn the camera functions immediately. Even if that would drain the power from the batteries in the background I would still like to have the option. In my opinion booting time is way to long as for portable device in 2014.

I have a bad (or not) habit from canons and sonys cameras and I'd like to hot swap lenses therefore maybe dedicated button that deactivates power to goes to the lens mount would solve the problem? I'm sure most of people with dslr or mirrorless background will face the same problem.

George A.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:28 pm

The ability to power on the microphone from the menu rather then switching off the camera and inserting a microphone.

• Information