Nikon F mount adapter (compatibility with G lenses)

Karlosak

Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello,
can anybody with the Kinefinity Nikon F-mount adapter confirm, that it works with recent Nikon G type lenses? Does it have mechanical aperture ring to change the iris, something like the FotodioX Nikon to Canon adapter?

I have checked the Kinefinity store carefully, especially this page: http://www.kinefinity.com/shop/k2f/?lang=en and this most important information seems to be missing (they even have FAQ section there).

This can make or break our purchase of this camera, since we have a full range of Nikon glass we would like to use. Of course, we could purchase the Canon EF mount option and then use the FotodioX adapter, but that's not optimal.

Maybe one day the third party manufacturers like FotodioX, Novoflex or Metabones will announce adapters for Kinemount...

Thanks for your answers.

Regards, Karel

Karlosak

Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:41 pm

I've contacted Kinefinity customer service, and this is their answer:
Sorry, Nikon F-Mount adapter does not have mechanical iris tuning for G lenses so far.
Hope they redesign the adapter it one day...

RobBannister

Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:26 am

Yes this is correct, this is why I went with the kinemount and the ef adapter so I can use my novoflex nikon g adapter to adjust the aperture.

• Information