Kinemini Crop factors and other technical info for post

RobBannister

Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:54 am

I'll start off with an image I created to demonstrate the crop factor of the kinemini 4k compared to the Nikon D800 and when using a modified metabones speedbooster.

Nikon FX 1X (100%)
Kinemini 4k SB 1.198X (83.5%)
Nikon DX 1.5X (66.667%)
Kinemini 4k 1.667X (60%)
KineSBVSNikonD800FF002.jpg

TMCLAUSEN

Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Hello. A few questions about the modified metabones speedbooster for use with Kinemini. Each is of equal importance to me and an answer to each question would be massively appreciated. Thanks a bunch ahead of time.

1. I have a handful of EF lenses and a few PL ones. Is the modified metabones speedbooster for EF only? Basically, is there also a seperate modified SB for PL mount or OCT 19 lenses?

2. Any issues achieving accurate focus? For instance, if one were to switch between using the SB for one shot and then removing it to achieve a longer FOV -- can this be done consistently without making constant back focus adjustments? Basically, would the witness marks remain accurate from using the SAME LENS with and w/o speedbooster as though one were just switching out one lens for another?

3. I'd certainly like to be included on a group purchase list for the SB but would also be more than willing to go it myself and will be contacting Dog Schidt Optiks for a quote. Is there a list anywhere for people wanting to make a group purchase of the modified metabones speedbooster?

silvertonesx24

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:29 pm

TMCLAUSEN wrote: 3. I'd certainly like to be included on a group purchase list for the SB but would also be more than willing to go it myself and will be contacting Dog Schidt Optiks for a quote. Is there a list anywhere for people wanting to make a group purchase of the modified metabones speedbooster?
I would be interested in a group purchase or some kind of speed booster from Kinefinity

SaxRix
Site Admin

Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Kinefinity are releasing a Speedbooster called KineEnhancer. Keep an eye on info about it this week since its NAB.

• Information