Kinemini 96fps at 2K

Nonas

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am

Hello people!!

I don' t own a kinemini yet but I am thinking of making the move and buying one soon. Can anyone out there please post a 96fps 2K file for us to download ? I just want to see the quality of 96 fps on this camera.. Is it any good ? ( moire / aliasing ? )

Cheers

SaxRix
Site Admin

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi Nonas, I haven't seen any footage at 96fps at 2K, but there is this video from a KineMINI user at 92fps at 2k:

There is also this one shot at 120fps, not 2k, but it should have the same effect:

Aliasing & moire is definitely prominent, but I think Kinefinity might be able to improve that through firmware update (not entirely sure).

j_szczygiel

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

I already wrote it in another topic but here it comes again: these aliasing on 120fps footage and moire effect come not from the camera (KRW converted to Cineform is clean) but probably from DaVinci Resolve.... I'll ask Tomasz from FilmCyfrowy to write more about this issue.
Kinefinity dealer in Poland :: http://www.studyjne.com

SaxRix
Site Admin

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

j_szczygiel wrote:I already wrote it in another topic but here it comes again: these aliasing on 120fps footage and moire effect come not from the camera (KRW converted to Cineform is clean) but probably from DaVinci Resolve.... I'll ask Tomasz from FilmCyfrowy to write more about this issue.
Hey, j_szczygiel! That would be great if we can get more info on this :)

j_szczygiel

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:47 pm

KineAdmin wrote:
j_szczygiel wrote:I already wrote it in another topic but here it comes again: these aliasing on 120fps footage and moire effect come not from the camera (KRW converted to Cineform is clean) but probably from DaVinci Resolve.... I'll ask Tomasz from FilmCyfrowy to write more about this issue.
Hey, j_szczygiel! That would be great if we can get more info on this :)
I mixed sth and actually it comes from Cineform opened in Adobe Premiere, anyway Tomasz will write about that in details ;)
Kinefinity dealer in Poland :: http://www.studyjne.com

Nonas

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Thank you for the replies guys.
@kineadmin, I had seen this footage on vimeo, was looking for something extra. But thank you ;)

@j_szczygiel, '' Tomasz already found out the reason and solution. I'll ask him to share it here with you soon :) ''
looking forward to Tomasz s input..

cheers guys

• Information