Camera drift: audio goes out of sync…

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wittingsun 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

George A.
    Participant

Hi,

I emailed the guys at the team and they helped me out for a job I have coming. This is their answer:

Hi George,

The new firmware download link:

Link: (sorry can’t reveal this yet as it is not public)

It fixes stutter of 4K KRW liveview, smooth as 2K liveview. And it launches compensation of Audio sync issue.

How to compensate the Audio sync issue:

• Update firmware to KineOS3.2(4);

• Power on KineMINI 4K, and set resolution as 2048×1080, fps as 25fps, S35mm mode;

• Leave it, and wait around 10 minutes;

• Enter playback mode, and then switch back to liveview;

• Leave it, and wait around 60 minutes;

• CONFIG—>SYSTEM—>ABOUT. Use your phone to take a phone of the ABOUT window;

• Send the photo back to support@kinefinity.com and sales@kinefintiy.com;

• Kinefinity will send one software patch to you, like option file;

• Upgrade camera with patch file, and firmware 3.204.

It is a little bit long, but it will fix the camera sync issue in software way, once for all.

It will take me few days to get my hands on this but I will report in the form of another test. Hope this works.

Calomile
    Participant

Is this what they propose to do for all the owners of the camera? Is this going to end up breaking after every firmware update? This shouldn’t even be an issue and their proposed way of fixing it doesn’t seem very practical.

imagetemps
    Participant

The problem is probably not coming from the hardware.

Let’s see…

E

George A.
    Participant

Hi,

I got the patch and the firmware but still no avail. They’ll try to do it again. The patch is only for me (will cripple other cameras) so I can not share it. It seems to be a matter of calibration. Meaning it only needs to be done once. No idea what the real problem really is?

But it could be that… I think they just don’t have a hardware timecode generator on the computer. Maybe the chip that they are using is a crippled consumer chip and by default is connected to a time server because the camera really isn’t it’s internal time frame get’s messed up. Raspberry Pi’s tend to have “being on time” problems when not connected to NTPs. Of course this is all an assumption and I might be totally off.

SaxRix
    Participant

It’s interesting to watch this develop. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop George!

imagetemps
    Participant

Hi to everybody!

I just received today the patch.

I updated the firmware with the patch and did another test with an 8 min shot.

Slate at the beginning and tail slate.

Everything was ok !!!!

Cool!

Thanks to the guys in China.

Erwan

SaxRix
    Participant

That is good news! could you do a longer (30 mins) test and report that?

imagetemps
    Participant

Hello

Good news.

The test on a 30 min shot gave good result. No drift.

Let’s hope the problem won’t show up again…

Regards

Erwan Kerzanet

Calomile
    Participant

So realistically will this be something that can be patched in easily without needing to go through sending a screenshot of the camera settings to kinefinity? Anyone have any official word on this?

imagetemps
    Participant

Hello

You can easily get in touch with Kinefinity team.

I guess they found a solution and can patch evrey camera already sold in the world.

For sure from now on this patch will be part of the new firmwares…

Regards

Erwan

George A.
    Participant

Mine seems to work now. The solution is a custom calibration patch by Kine Team + 3205 firmware. I still need run some tests but it is the 1st time it works with something longer than 10min.

wittingsun
    Participant

This is good to hear that this has been resolved, I just wired these guys quite a bit of cash last week and are awaiting delivery of my camera and accessories now. So you could Imagine how I felt, hoping on the forum and reading this, it actually made my heart drop for a second. I wonder if they upgraded my firmware with the patch before sending out the camera. We shall see.

George A.
    Participant

Hi,

Did some more tests and all seem to be working ok. In the long run I’ll try to do long formats 30min+ in most formats and resolutions however for now I feel ok with 25fps Cineform 2K.

Kint Team has been great with listening and issuing updates to help me out with this. I have a run and gun interview shoot coming next month and I am really considering now the mini as A cam and 5D3 for stills and B cam.

wittingsun
    Participant

Thought I’d let you guys know that Kine sales informed me this morning (est) that this issue has been resolved in the firmware for all cameras sold and shipped after Jan 1 2015.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.