Kinemini audio problem – terrible humbling noise

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  imagetemps 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Anonymous

I have terrible humbling noise when i plug my rdoe NTG 3 with USB dual pre preamplifier to Kinemini,

Theres no noise when I record from preamplifier with Tascam dr-100 recorder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6RiiV-L7No&feature=youtu.be

harrisoncj
    Participant

My camera sounds the same way with my rode mic. I always sync with an external recorder and I only use it for a scratch track so I have never really paid attention to it. I checked today because of this post.

For a scratch track it’s perfectly fine. For primary audio recording – not so much.

SaxRix
    Participant

Yea I believe even Kinefinity recommend only using the KineMINIs audio capabilities for a scratch track only. Which I would always do anyway.

Anonymous

Well I’ll be using my dr-100,

but at least DSLR level in camera audio is a must for camera of this range!

chriskellyfilm
    Participant

Are these problems happening with or without the Pro Audio module?

Has anyone any experience recording audio on board with the module installed?

SaxRix
    Participant

The Pro Audio Module is only for the KineMAX so nobody has it for the KineMINI. As for the humming, I am sure it is something to do with the preamp within the camera, similar to the Canon 60D with a Rode video mic plugged in, you get humming. So I think this might be able to be fixed with a firmware update.

Anonymous

i hope they will fix it soon!

imagetemps
    Participant

Hello

Rode microphone is a lousy microphone with an extremely low electric level.

Definitely, the camera shouldn’t be considered as a good mic preamp. It should be used for plugging a wireless receiver like Evolution from Sennheiser… Rode microphone is a very very basic tool that has nothing to deal with what your looking for in the Kinemini as a camera. If you want a sound following your expectations in terms of color and resolution etc. The you’ll have to buy a good preamp system like Sound Device MixPre or Sonosax SXM32 (to me… the best preamps for a small portable mixer!).

All the best

Erwan Kerzanet

http://www.imagetempsproductions.fr

Anonymous

imagetemps wrote:

Hello

Rode microphone is a lousy microphone with an extremely low electric level.

Definitely, the camera shouldn’t be considered as a good mic preamp. It should be used for plugging a wireless receiver like Evolution from Sennheiser… Rode microphone is a very very basic tool that has nothing to deal with what your looking for in the Kinemini as a camera. If you want a sound following your expectations in terms of color and resolution etc. The you’ll have to buy a good preamp system like Sound Device MixPre or Sonosax SXM32 (to me… the best preamps for a small portable mixer!).

All the best

Erwan Kerzanet

http://www.imagetempsproductions.fr

I’m using a preamp – ART USB Dual Pre, I’m not plugging NTG3 directly. It’s a very good low noise preamp

imagetemps
    Participant

Hello

I will test audio inputs asap!

Erwan

Anonymous

great!

waiting or your results

imagetemps
    Participant

Hello

I finally did a test with audio. I used a Sennheiser Evolution G3 with a symmetrical cable and a minijack to plug in the camera. It is strange but it seems that sending the same signal on both channel of the stereo input cut the audio inputs. If I send the signal only in one channel it works. I’ll make a cable for this. I’ve set up the camera audio level on -15dB. Audio quality was good enough for a guide track and to get my sync operational with “Plural Eyes”

Best regards

Erwan Kerzanet

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.