Modified-speedbooster-for-the-kinemini

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wes 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

RobBannister
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Here is a brief write up on my site with info on the Modified Speedbooster I had made for the kinemini 4k.

http://www.robbannister.com/modified-speedbooster-for-the-kinemini-4k/

I’ll post some pics here as well.

[attachment=6]_ND80998.jpg[/attachment]
    [attachment=5]_ND80956-Edit.jpg[/attachment]
    [attachment=4]_ND80976.jpg[/attachment]
    [attachment=3]_ND80981.jpg[/attachment]
    [attachment=2]_ND80982.jpg[/attachment]
    [attachment=1]_ND80990.jpg[/attachment]
    [attachment=0]_ND80992.jpg[/attachment]

joshua chiara
    Participant

Is this a service they will be offering. How much did this cost? I have been trying to do this for awhile now.

Calomile
    Participant

Regretting getting the native EF mount now…

RobBannister
    Participant

I updated the post with samples showing with and without the speedbooster for those interested. The change is quite substantial.

filmcyfrowy
    Participant

Hi Rob,

thanks for sharing this modification. Looks very nice.

I read your interesting article but couldn’t find information about controlling lenses. Is it possible to control EF lenses from camera by modified Speed Booster? Or this is dumb adapter?

regards

Tomasz

RobBannister
    Participant

hmm I thought I posted that in the conclusion. It is a dumb mount so the electrical contacts do not speak to the camera. It would need a cable like the kine efmount does. Im not sure how that one is put together so doing that would be quite a task. This is why im hoping they come out with one though I doubt the optics would be as good as the metabones version. I tried the other versions like the light canon lol even the replacement on that one was horrible. but anyways I mainly use the ef mount to adapt M42 and Nikon fmount lenses so its still a great fit for me because I never use canon lenses.

filmcyfrowy
    Participant

Sorry, I missed that information. Thanks for a reply. Hope Kinefinity will make their speed booster or Metabones will.

RobBannister
    Participant

yeah I just hope if they get the electrical to work on the mount that the optics will be second to none. It will really ruin the speedbooster if they use cheap glass.

joshua chiara
    Participant

Are Kinefinity planning on making a speed booster, or are you just saying hypothetically?

RobBannister
    Participant

I overheard somewhere that they had someone else’s prototype. But Im not sure if its actually something coming out.

Here is an image showing the crop factors when using the speedbooster in comparison to the full frame D800

[attachment=0]KineSBVSNikonD800FF002.jpg[/attachment]

Wes
    Participant

Hi Rob,

I checked your speed booster when it was in Edmonton a month ago, and I’ve been trying to contact the guys from dog schidt optiks since, but I haven’t heard back. I fear I may not ever hear back, so I’d like to try and make my own.

If I send you my email, would you be interested in sending me some more details on the construction/mod and more pictures of your speed booster?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Wes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.