SSD question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steven 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Robert
    Participant

hi all

I have been considering purchasing a mavo and had the pleasure of trying out the mavo lf in melbourne.

I filled a samsung pro ssd with footage which i will look at when i get home from my travels. I am leaning strongly towards the 6k 35mm mavo as it suits the work i do. I like the camera though i can see that it is a work in progress. I really love the colour science and generally nice organic look of the footage. The colours are i believe a definite step up from from my red epic though i dont like to speak ill of that camera as it is fabulous and has served me well for some years.

One thing. The samsung ssd actually got stuck in the ssd slot! It seems it has protruding screws so it cant be used. Is there a definitive list of ssds that work? In particular has anyone tried Crucial of ehich i have quite a few.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

Rob

http://www.robcastiglione.com

Gualbert

Hi Rob! Aside from the “semi” protruding tabs of the Samsung 860 PRO the SSD works like a charm! The SanDisk Extreme PRO also works very smoothly. And obviously the KineMAG+ which is the SSD Kinefinity sells. I am curious about other brands as well but since those fit the bill so far I have had no need to buy others. Cheers!

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

The Samsung was able to record everything so I agree it works very well. Can I ask is the semi protruding tabs specific to the Samsung? Is the SanDisk Extreme Pro free of this problem. I would rather avoid buying one to find out 🙂

Cheers,

Rob

Gualbert

SanDisk is completely flat and smooth as a cucumber! 😉

Steven
    Participant

what type of SanDisk Extreme pro ? I assume not these portable versions I get when using google.

Gualbert

Steven
    Participant

Thx !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.